Subject: Request for information
From: Anna Błaszczuk <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:03:56 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir, Madam,

Please confirm that the 6-methylnicotine compound cannot be considered an
alkaloid within the meaning of the IUPAC definition indicated below:

„alkaloids - Basic nitrogen compounds (mostly heterocyclic) occurring
mostly in the plant kingdom (but not excluding those of animal origin).
Amino acids, peptides, proteins, nucleotides, nucleic acids, amino sugars
and antibiotics are not normally regarded as alkaloids. By extension,
certain neutral compounds biogenetically related to basic alkaloids are
included.”

Taking into account that compounds called alkaloids can only be produced
by biosynthesis, I am sending you an argumentation connected to this topic
in the attachment.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Anna Błaszczuk

Asystentka ds. dokumentacji chemicznej

AK Universe sp. z o.o.

M +48 531 596 272

E  [email-masked]

ul. Owsiana 60, 40-780 Katowice

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not copy it or disclose its contents to
anyone. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the email. Views or opinions in this email are
solely those of the author. Unencrypted Internet communications are not
secure and the sender does not accept responsibility for interception of
this message by third parties. This communication is not intended to form
a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly
authorized. The recipient should scan this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any viruses
transmitted in this email.